NPQ in Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
The NPQLL is designed for teachers and school leaders who have an interest in improving literacy across a school, year group, key stage, phase, or subject.
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQLL is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and face to face national conferences.
How will I learn?
You will develop the knowledge, skills and expertise to effectively develop others and lead a powerful school literacy strategy.
- Developing language
- Learning to read
- Reading comprehension
- Championing reading
- Learning to write
- Developing writing
- Professional development
How will I benefit?
- Gain an understanding of the core principles behind developing language, reading and writing, get practical tools and guidance to lead your school’s approach to literacy
- Develop the skills to help colleagues develop literacy across the curriculum – without creating an unnecessary workload.
- Acquire expertise about the tools and resources available to developing students’ literacy
- Share experiences with other school leaders, learn how they’ve faced similar challenges and build a professional network that will support you throughout your career
- Grow a school culture that celebrates literacy, alongside a skillset of pedagogical strategies for improving literacy
How to apply:
Applications for February 2024 are now closed.
We are currently waiting for confirmation from the DfE on the future of NPQ funding. If you would like us to contact you once we have clarification, please complete this form and we will keep you updated.