NPQ in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
The NPQLTD is designed for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school, for example CPD, ITT lead or ECF mentor.
Designed with busy teachers and school leaders in mind, the NPQLTD is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and face to face national conferences.
How will I learn?
You will develop the knowledge, skills and expertise to lead the development of teachers, including sequencing and structuring professional development and effective coaching and mentoring.
- Determining priorities
- Breaking down a professional development objective
- Features of effective professional development
- Making professional development deliverable
- Professional development models and approaches
- Coaching and feedback
- Developing a team
How will I benefit?
- Develop an understanding of the principles of teacher development that can be applied at individual team or whole school level
- Develop insight into the research surrounding the best ways of designing teacher development through individual coaching or CPD for larger groups
- Work with serving school leaders and subject-matter experts to turn new learning into changes in your own and others’ practice
- Understand the principles of expert delivery of CPD, with tangible takeaways to implement in your school
Develop expertise in designing and delivering programs of teacher development at individual school level
How to apply:
Applications for February 2024 are now closed.
We are currently waiting for confirmation from the DfE on the future of NPQ funding. If you would like us to contact you once we have clarification, please complete this form and we will keep you updated.