Early Headship Coaching Offer
- Are in your first five years of headship
- Are employed in a state-funded school, or are employed in a state-funded organisation that offers 16 to 19 places in England upon starting the training
- Have either completed a national professional qualification for headship (NPQH) before taking up your first headship post, are applying for a NPQH, or are currently taking the NPQH
- Have not withdrawn from the additional support programme previously
Programme delivery is conducted over 12 months of one-to-one support from an experienced school leader. There is no assessment and minimal preparation time for sessions.
This is a targeted package of support tailored to the needs of headteachers new to the role of headship. It provides bespoke, un-assessed support based on the best available evidence about what makes an effective headteacher. It is a personalised learning journey, prioritising headteachers' wellbeing and personal development as a school leader and supporting them through local networks.
What will I learn?
Designed with busy headteachers in mind, the EHCO is delivered as a personalised learning journey. Sessions are led by you and the school leader, so you can focus on your own priorities.
This could include:
- Difficult conversations
- Effective implementation
How will I benefit?
- Free, targeted package of support for new Headteachers.
- One-to-one coaching to help you face the known challenges new Headteachers experience.
- Ongoing support from an experienced school leader in a confidential, safe space.
- Practical guidance focused on your school’s particular circumstances.
- Access to a peer network, to ensure you are well connected beyond your own school community.
- Build a national network and partnership opportunities
- Greater insight into the systems, sectors, and sources of effective leadership practice
How to apply:
Applications for February 2024 are now closed.
We are currently waiting for confirmation from the DfE on the future of NPQ funding. If you would like us to contact you once we have clarification, please complete this form and we will keep you updated.