NPQ in Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
The NPQEYL is designed for setting leaders qualified ideally to at least level 3, who are or are aspiring to be: a nursery manager, headteacher of school-based or maintained nurseries, or a registered childminder with leadership responsibilities. Settings must be Ofsted registered.
Designed with busy early years practitioners/teachers in mind, the NPQEYL is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and face to face national conferences.
How will I learn?
You will broaden your leadership knowledge and gain the specialist expertise needed to tackle your organisation’s improvement priorities with content covering the breadth of knowledge you need as a leader.
- Organisational management
- Child development and curriculum
- Communication, language and literacy
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Additional special educational needs and disabilities
- Professional development
- Working in partnership
How will I benefit?
- Get the tools to implement and sustain meaningful change in your setting.
- Learn how to create an effective culture and align your staff in your setting’s mission.
- Build a thriving environment in which all staff and children feel supported and valued with opportunities to develop.
- Become a part of the community of leaders across Early Years settings and contexts and learn how they faced and overcame similar challenges.
- Learn how to embed a culture where all children can succeed
- Greater insight into the systems and sources of effective leadership practice
Applications for February 2024 are now closed.
We are currently waiting for confirmation from the DfE on the future of NPQ funding. If you would like us to contact you once we have clarification, please complete this form and we will keep you updated.