NPQ in Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
The NPQSL is designed for school leaders who are, or aspire to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQSL is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences. Over 18 months, you’ll take part in the following learning activities.
What will I learn?
You will develop expertise in the knowledge, skills and concepts for areas of cross- and whole-school responsibility related to your role.
- School culture
- Curriculum and assessment
- Additional and special educational needs
- Professional development
- Organisational management
- Working in partnership
- Governance and accountability
How will I benefit?
- Grow your expertise as a senior school leader, broadening your leadership knowledge and gaining the specialist expertise needed to tackle your school improvement priorities
- Learn how to support the development of a positive, predictable, supportive and safe environment for pupils and colleagues
- Share experiences with other school leaders, learn how they’ve faced challenges and build a professional network that will support you throughout your career
- Benefit from the latest evidence-based research to aid with developing strategies to improve teaching and pupil performance at your school
How to apply
Applications for February 2024 are now closed.
We are currently waiting for confirmation from the DfE on the future of NPQ funding. If you would like us to contact you once we have clarification, please complete this form and we will keep you updated.